HASLEMERE TOWN COUNCIL ARE NO LONGER PROCESSING APPLICATIONS, THESE ARE NOW BEING ADMINISTERED BY WAVERLEY BOROUGH COUNCIL – https://www.waverley.gov.uk/Services/Benefits-and-community-support/Cost-of-living</strong
Household Support Fund – are you struggling with living costs?
The Household Support Fund was announced by the Government in late autumn to support vulnerable households in need during this winter.
The fund is designed to help ease financial pressures on residents by providing short-term help over the winter period with food, fuel bills and other essentials to those who need it
What help is available?
Help is available towards
- Utilities – gas, electricity and water
- Essentials linked to energy and water such as warm clothing, boiler repair.
- Essential household appliances such as a cooker, washing machine etc
- Essential household items such as school uniform, care alarm service, bedding etc
Each organisation will work with you to provide the appropriate support. Most will provide vouchers or purchase essential items for/or with you. Successful applicants will not generally receive a direct payment of money.
What will not be awarded?
Mortgage support will not be awarded. If you are having difficulties with your mortgage payments, contact your lender as soon as possible.
Who can apply?
Applicants must be:
- a household living in Waverley
- struggling to pay essential household bills
You can apply by completing the on-line application form at https://www.waverley.gov.uk/Services/Benefits-and-community-support/Cost-of-living.