Haslemere Town Council manages the use of four purpose-made Banner posts, two in Weyhill and two outside the Georgian House Hotel on Haslemere High Street. Applications can be made to Haslemere Town Council for the use of these to publicise forthcoming events by downloading and filling in the HTC Banner application form.
Terms & Conditions of Use
- 1. There are 2 types of banner that can be used on these posts:
- Across highway banners (one on each pair of posts)
- Side banners (one on each post)
- The Posts may be used by the following organisations to advertise events.
- Charitable organisations
- Community groups
- Churches or similar place of worship
- Councils or services thereof
- State Schools or Colleges
- All users of the banner posts are required to hold Public Liability Insurance to the value of £5 million. A certified copy of this insurance cover will need to be submitted with the licence application.
- The maximum period of use of the banner posts by any 1 group or organisation is limited to 14 days.
- Applicants are responsible for making all arrangements for the purchase, erection and removal of banners. Fixings used shall be those recommended by the manufacturer of the banners.
- Crossroad banners must be vented and will require a cherry picker and qualified staff to control traffic and erect banners.
- The applicant must submit a method statement for banner installation and removal.
- A deposit of £100 is required before the banners are installed. Any damage caused to the banner posts during installation/removal or by the incorrect installation will be paid for, in full, by the applicant.
- Where traffic management is required, it is the applicants’ responsibility to seek the appropriate guidance from Surrey Highways and/or Police.