The Amenities Committee meets six times a year and is responsible for recommending policy to Council in connection with a number of facilities and services in the Town Council area provided by the Town Council.
The grounds maintenance of Lion Green and a number of other areas (listed below) are under the control of the Council and subject to management by the Amenities Committee.
- Memorial Green on the High Street
- Flower beds in front of Half Moon House on the High Street
- Area at the junction of Shepherds Hill/Lower Street
- Area opposite the police station
- Railway embankment on Lower Street
- Planting and maintenance of the floral tubs on the High Street and in Beacon Hill
- Woodcock memorial garden at the junction of the A287/Beacon Hill Road
- Grover’s Gardens on Wood Road in Beacon Hill
- Woodcock Green in Beacon Hill
- Area surrounding the children’s play area on Tilford Road in Beacon Hill
- Grass verge on the Tilford Road in Hindhead
- Area surrounding the war memorial in Hindhead
- Area surrounding the war memorial in Grayswood
- Public toilets in Haslemere
Amenities also consider the provision of allotment gardens, (a statutory duty of the Council), together with the provision of seats all around the area, in Critchmere, Grayswood, Haslemere, Hindhead and Shottermill.
The Amenities Committee is comprised of the following councillors:
- Councillor Isabelle Cole
- Councillor Jerome Davidson
- Councillor Simon Dear (Vice Chairman)
- Councillor David Dullaway
- Councillor Brigitte Hewett
- Councillor Jacquie Keen
- Councillor Claire Matthes
- Councillor Peter Nicholson (Chairman)
- Councillor Melanie Odell
- Councillor John Robini
- Councillor David Round
To view the Amenities Committee’s Terms of Reference click here.
To view the Public Toilet Sub-Committee’s Terms of Reference click here.
Please contact the Deputy Town Clerk if you have any queries relating to the Amenities Committee.
Community Help - Covid-19
There are several community groups which have been set up to assist residents during this difficult time: